Labor and Employment Law Section on the Radio
Radio station KALW regularly broadcasts "Your Legal Rights," a show in which callers can ask questions of attorneys with expertise in different areas of the law.
Several Executive Committee members have participated in the show, on topics such as:
Termination of Employment and Other Employment Law Issues
The Rights of Public Employees Under Collective Bargaining Agreements
Recent Developments in Termination of Employment
Unemployment Insurance Benefits for People Who Have Been Fired or Laid Off
Employment Law - The Rights of Persons who have Disabilities
You can listen to some past programs on the Labor and Employment Law Section's Web site:
Listen Now to "Class Actions Suits" - aired on March 28, 2012.
Listen Now to "Workers' Rights" - aired on February 1, 2012.
- Listen Now to "Budget Cuts" - aired on March 16, 2011
- Listen Now to "Gender Discrimination" - aired on January 26, 2011.
- Listen Now to "Employment Law" - aired on November 17, 2010.
- Listen Now to "Privacy Issues in the Workplace" - aired on September 29, 2010.
- Listen Now to "Wages and Hours Issues" - aired on July 7, 2010.
- Listen Now to "Resolving Employment Law Disputes and Lawsuits" - aired on July 20, 2010.
- Listen now to "Keeping A Job in This Economy (and What to do if You Don't)" - aired on July 29, 2009.
- Listen now to "Impact of the Low Wage Workers & Unemployment Insurance" - aired on May 13, 2009.
- Listen now to "The 50th Anniversary of the Fair Employment & Housing Act " - aired on February 18, 2009.
- Listen now to "Medical and Family Leave, Plus Disability Discrimination Issues " - aired on January 7, 2009.
- Listen now to "New, Important Labor Law Court Decision" - aired on July 30, 2008.
- Listen now to "Employment Rights of American Workers Abroad " - aired on May 21, 2008.
- Listen now to "Diversity Issues and Other Employment Law Issues in the Work place " - aired on April 16, 2008.
- Listen now to "Employment Law: Sexual Harassment, Non-Payment of Wages and Unlawful Termination of Employment " - aired on March 26, 2008.
- Listen now to "New Decisions in Employment Law " - aired on January 9, 2008.
Additional broadcasts are also available online through ilawyer.com. For a complete list and further information, see "Your Legal Rights": Labor and Employment Law.